• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Iodine protocol and B12

picante

All of my thyroid labs came back normal, but I show every sign of hypo thyroid. I cannot bear the winter because my hands and feet become so cold..
Which labs did they do? I always ask for:
Free T3
Free T4
Reverse T3
TPO antibodies
Anti-thyroglobulin antibodies

And I think there are other antibodies that can be checked. Could someone chime in?
There can also be thyroid transport problems, and I don't know how to test for that.

Just FYI, I've been taking L-histidine powder, and it warms me up when I'm cold and helps limit polyuria. Histamine is actually a neurotransmitter, and is involved in thyroid regulation and many, many other metabolic functions. I read that it stimulates the release of vassopressin (anti-diuretic hormone), which is why I tried L-histidine. My ADH was low and my plasma histamine was very low. My whole blood histamine was in range.

sflorence

Which labs did they do? I always ask for:
Free T3
Free T4
Reverse T3
TPO antibodies
Anti-thyroglobulin antibodies

And I think there are other antibodies that can be checked. Could someone chime in?
There can also be thyroid transport problems, and I don't know how to test for that.

Just FYI, I've been taking L-histidine powder, and it warms me up when I'm cold and helps limit polyuria. Histamine is actually a neurotransmitter, and is involved in thyroid regulation and many, many other metabolic functions. I read that it stimulates the release of vassopressin (anti-diuretic hormone), which is why I tried L-histidine. My ADH was low and my plasma histamine was very low. My whole blood histamine was in range.

thanks for the response. I got everything done besides any anti-bodies test. My doc said it was "highly unlikely".

I have tried taking NDT two times with no results, actually made me feel worse.

I have also tried histidine, but I think it stirred up a lot of nickel in my body (which for some strange reason I have high nickel as well). Histidine is a known nickel chelator.