• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Intestinal Parasites and B12

slayadragon

Dr. Klinghardt/Dr. Yu protocol for parasites (thanks to GiGi from Lymenet)-

(Please let me know if protocols are not allowed on this forum... I'm new here.)

Anti-Parasite Treatment

Biltricide 600mg 2 three times per day for two days (to get the liver flukes)

Ivermectin 12mg -1 tablet four times per day for 14 days take at same time as Pyrantel Pamoate

Pyrantel Pamoate 1000mg per day at bedtime for 14 days - take at same time as Ivermectin

Albenza 200mg (after completing 14 days on Ivermectin and Pyrantel) 2 tablets twice per day for 14 days

Alinia 500mg (after completing Albenza) 2 twice per day for 14 days

Order of treatment: Biltricide Ivermectin /Pyrantel Albenza Alinia

I brought this up to my doctor, Dale Guyer (who prescribed the Pranziquantel -- aka Biltricide). He suggested to me that the other herbs are pretty hard on the system and thought we should wait a bit and then consider doing it. In the meantime, he prescribed Vermox, which he said people generally take without problems.

Alinia apparently is hard to the get in the U.S. and may have to be ordered from Canada, btw.

Best, Lisa

slayadragon

Thanks for the link to parasite testing.com. I am thinking about getting a gut function/parasite test and am wondering if anyone has had the Geneva Diagnostics Comprehensive digestive stool analysis with parasitology, or wether to look at the testing at the above link (the geneva one gets sent to the USA anyway, so not much difference there, although Dr Myhill will order the genova one and interpret for me) Not sure which way to go (once ive saved up the couple hundred pounds i will need for it)

I know this is a very delicate subject, but just wondering how do you know whats in your stools? do you have to use a vessel other than a toilet bowl and then look? eeww, sorry i have to ask, but i dont want to think about it too much!
Justy.

When I did a supervised fasting program, they provided chopsticks for people to fish things out and look at them.

What is the doctor in AZ prescribing? Just curious...

Yes, you may have to fish around in the toilet to look at stuff. You could just use a plastic knife... No biggie but it is a bit gross. What can you do? It's probably the best way to see any visible signs of parasites. It's takes a bit of studying to differentiate between which things may be parasites & which may be normal stuff like vegetable fibers, mucous, etc. Some parasites are not visible in any case.

It is kind of difficult to identify stuff because the parasites have many stages of development. In my opinion, the cleanses like Humaworm were not strong enough. Parasites reproduce quite alot so it is hard to actually get them completely out. This is why some people like powdered cloves. It's supposed to kill the eggs. Not all parasites are in the intestine, though...

I roughly followed the Dr. K/Dr. Y protocol using veterinarian meds. You can get all of them except the Alinia in vet formulas. I know it's not for everyone but it did seem to work for me. From what I read, the Alinia is mainly for blood parasites like babesia. I don't think i have babesia - so, I didn't go out of my way to get it. I heard it was in short supply but I think it may be available again. Not sure... Artemesia may be a good alternative to Alinia.

I've neven been one to take alot of pharmaceuticals but I think these drugs can be helpful.

Just be very careful!!!! The die off can be very severe! The die off can be life threatening in some cases so be very careful when killing parasites. Parasites sequester alot of toxins. Be prepared to bind toxins with clay, charcoal, psylium, etc. but give the drugs or herbs enough space to actually kill the bugs. If the herbs or drugs are not strong enough - the bugs will just repopulate.

maddietod

I always had a feeling I had a parasite issue, but I thought it was just normal worms. I used herbal cleanses on a number of occasions over the years and thought that it was helpful in resolving the problem. Now I think that I just pushed back this parasite a bit, but didn't kill it. Thus, it always came back.

Of course, I might have had additional parasites too.

So I do think that, in combination with cleansing, the anti-parasite herbs can be somewhat helpful in killing some parasites and pushing back others. I might order this formula from this Scottsdale place myself now, actually.

Best, Lisa

Sorry, the words are confusing. This doctor calls his product a "cleanse," but the herbs look like they're anti-parasite. So what do you mean, "in combination with cleansing?"

slayadragon

I was thinking of cleansing as being related to diet and colon cleansing (with colonics or enemas). Apparently this guy is using a different definition -- he seems to think that cleansing is related to laxatives.

re: Freedom Cleanse Restore (parasite doctor in AZ)

Seems like a good product but a bit expensive...

Usually, the green, black walnut, cloves & artemesia are quite effective. You can also take something binding like psylium or Dr. Shulze's intestinal cleanse after. Just a thought. The killing herbs kind of go hand in hand with something cleansing like an plain water enema & binders. You really want to get the dead parasites out as soon as possible. They are toxic & no fun at all...

Parastroy is a very good product, too. (I don't sell anything or get money from referring stuff - just experience). It's alot cheaper than Dr. Amin's stuff!!!

If you don't want to do testing - you can "provoke a response" by taking one of the anti-parasite herbal combos. If you do have parasites - you will probably get somewhat (or alot) ill after taking them for a couple of weeks. Go slow & be careful if you are sensitive. No need to overdo anything. It takes time to get rid of them. It's not a fast process in my experience.

Wayne

Parasites and Salt C Protocol

Just be very careful!!!! The die off can be very severe! The die off can be life threatening in some cases so be very careful when killing parasites. Parasites sequester a lot of toxins. Be prepared to bind toxins with clay, charcoal, psylium, etc. but give the drugs or herbs enough space to actually kill the bugs. If the herbs or drugs are not strong enough - the bugs will just repopulate.

Thanks much Treefrog for your interesting and informative posts on this thread. I couldn't agree more with your cautionary note about the importance of being prepared to bind the toxins that the body will likely be dealing with from killing parasites.

I found the this website (http://lymephotos.com/) to be very interesting. It has pictures of various kinds of microscopic parasites that I suspect many of us have, and that conventional medicine probably has no clue about. They talk about the "Salt C" protocol that they feel helped them overcome (at least for the most part) their own parasitic infections.

Lisa, if I remember correctly, you had some pretty intense reactions from doing a Salt C protocol. I was wondering what your current thoughts are on this. -- Thanks.

Wayne

slayadragon

Thanks much Treefrog for your interesting and informative posts on this thread. I couldn't agree more with your cautionary note about the importance of being prepared to bind the toxins that the body will likely be dealing with from killing parasites.

I found the this website (http://lymephotos.com/) to be very interesting. It has pictures of various kinds of microscopic parasites that I suspect many of us have, and that conventional medicine probably has no clue about. They talk about the "Salt C" protocol that they feel helped them overcome (at least for the most part) their own parasitic infections.

Lisa, if I remember correctly, you had some pretty intense reactions from doing a Salt C protocol. I was wondering what your current thoughts are on this. -- Thanks.

Wayne

Hi Wayne,

I've never done Salt/C, but I know someone who went severely and permanently MCS after doing it. So I would personally be really cautious with this one.

I've felt extremely toxic over the past 10 days, since taking the drug to kill that parasite. It's not the sort of toxic that I associate with biotoxins or that's typical of CFS -- it doesn't have that inflammatory characteristic to it. I just feel really lethargic. That makes me think that the lethargy that has been a hallmark of my illness since the beginning may have been due to the parasite being there from the start. That's really unfortunate if so! (I did eat eat a lot of sushi during the year before getting sick, so I wouldn't be surprised.)

Somehow my system doesn't seem to have wanted the sorts of binders that I have used in the past. My small intestine is blocked up enough that putting down more stuff to clog it up seems reasonably a bad idea too. I've intuitively been eating popcorn with butter every day, and Guyer strongly approved (the popcorn for the fiber, the butter for the butyrate to rebuild the intestinal wall). Then he came up with a motility snack for me: cashews, dried cherries and chocolate. This sounded pretty good whereas nothing else has, so I tried some of that today (along with some prunes, dates and figs).

I've spontaneously been sweating out a lot of toxic stuff (again, different than the toxins that I associate with my usual detox) this week too.

Mostly I've been using enemas and colonics to flush this stuff out though. Guyer thought that was a good idea too.

Best, Lisa

xrayspex

hey treefrog where are you? the doc who gave me some albendazole was going to give me alinia and cheney rec'ed it few years ago he got idea from KDM but we found they dont offer it in U.S when doc tried to prescribe it recently

xrayspex

how does one order something like that from canada? can you do it with online doc or would i need to go back and get another prescription? what do u think of alinia? I would almost rather try that than albendazole.

justy

Donate Advocate Demonstrate
I noticed that reading up on the side effects of mebendazole (vermox) it says that severe abdominal pain (which i suffered so badly i thought i was going to die) is more common when people have a more severe infestation of parasites - so this would have been a severe die off reaction for me, which confirms (hopefully) that parasites are a problem for me.

I regularly see a medical herbalist and am going to show her the ingredients list for Dr Amins herbal formulas and see what she thinks she can do with it for me - much cheaper way to go and she has the knowledge. Actually she did give me a GI mix before but it always made me feel ill when i took it and she siad it was the one she gave to people coming back from asia who needed a worm cleanse! Since then i cant even look a t the bottle without feeling sick and turned off - which chimes with Dr Klinghardt's ideas that the parasites will make you behave in a way that keeps them alive but harms yourself.

Lisa i would be interested to hear how you get on if you order the herbal preps.

One of my symptoms, stomach wise, is getting a lot of stomach bugs (i know its this because others in the family have it) but then i cant shift them - i wonder how this ties in with parasites? any ideas?
Thanks for the info re chopsticks - luckily ive had lunch!
All the best, Justy.

P.S- just wondering if garlic works against parasites as well as fungal overgrowth and bacteria as this is another supplement that ive found it hard to tolerate.

I noticed some talking about the mucous casts being mistaken for worms, but i read in one of the links in this thread (parasitology.com?) that having lots of mucous can come about form parasite infection.

I like your suggestion of olive leaf extract, I heard that is good for a lot of things with CFS, do you get any detox with that? I hate detox.
Hi Xrayspex
Since my body reacts extremely to most supplements, I started with a drop of liquid olive leaf extract each day, then worked my way up to 4 capsules a day, then back down to a maintenance dose of 2 capsules a day. In this manner, I did not experience detox. I have spoken to others who have experienced detox though (they probably took the full dose to start). This supplement is the BEST thing I have ever taken. I was forever having trouble starting the methylation protocol until I cleared up my gut. Now, when I get the occassional minor gut issue, I hit it with cloves/walnut/wormwood.
therron

justy

Donate Advocate Demonstrate
Any ideas if all brainds of olive leaf extract are equal? it seems very expensive. Capsules versus drops?

slayadragon

There are Canadian pharmacies that will ship prescriptions to the U.S. You have to have your doctor write the prescription and then send it to them, and then they will have a Canadian doctor re-write it and ship it. Note: in my experience, when shipping it back to the U.S., they put a photocopy of the original prescription in it. This was a problem for me once when customs opened it, because my doctor had written it on a pad that said that photocopies were invalid. So they compensated my drug! The doctor needs to write it on a plain prescription pad and send it.

Garlic definitely is a major parasite killer.

Any ideas if all brainds of olive leaf extract are equal? it seems very expensive. Capsules versus drops?

This is the one I currently use. I started with drops, NOW brand, then worked up to this one since I tend to react strongly to supplements. It has a higher % of oleuropein than most brands. www.iherb.com

Olea standardized to Oleuropein 18%

Thorne Research, Olive Leaf Extract, 60 Veggie Caps
Our price: $22.60

I just typed a long detailed post but it was erased & I was logged out automatically. Is there any way to find it? It said it was being saved...???