• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Interview with Dr. Michael Snyderman

Enid

Very interesting thanks Kate - and from someone who knows both sides of the story. Retroviral has to be.

currer

I am very interested in good Dr Snyderman's treatment of his leukemia with antiretrovirals, because if it works, this treatment offers hope to cancer patients, not only us.

It could lead to a complete reevaluation of the role of retroviruses in causing leukemia and could offer hope and a new treatment to many people.

I remember that he said that he hoped to publish the results of his drug trial. He is unique in that his CLL offers biomarkers which can be tracked in the blood to assess the ongoing effect of treatment

ME patients have no such biomarkers so it is harder to show that ARVs are having a therapeutic effect.

He has been very brave in making public his cancer treatment.

As I remember it Dr Mikovits has isolated infectious XMRV from Dr Snyderman's B cells, but his blog on Deckoff Jones health page discusses other interesting possibilities in the dynamics of his infection.

http://treatingxmrv.blogspot.com/2011/09/reason-for-hope.html

Is there a summary somewhere I could read about this interview and what Dr Snyderman said?

I remember that Dr Snyderman hoped to publish his trial. Has that gone the way of the other positive xmrv studies? Does anyone know?

Enid

And thanks for that link currer - certainly hope Dr Mikovits can continue her work too very soon. Hope someone can answer your question.

Daffodil

if anyone is interested in donating to dr. mikovits' work, please message me.

I am very interested in good Dr Snyderman's treatment of his leukemia with antiretrovirals, because if it works, this treatment offers hope to cancer patients, not only us.

It could lead to a complete reevaluation of the role of retroviruses in causing leukemia and could offer hope and a new treatment to many people.

I remember that he said that he hoped to publish the results of his drug trial. He is unique in that his CLL offers biomarkers which can be tracked in the blood to assess the ongoing effect of treatment

ME patients have no such biomarkers so it is harder to show that ARVs are having a therapeutic effect.

He has been very brave in making public his cancer treatment.

As I remember it Dr Mikovits has isolated infectious XMRV from Dr Snyderman's B cells, but his blog on Deckoff Jones health page discusses other interesting possibilities in the dynamics of his infection.

http://treatingxmrv.blogspot.com/2011/09/reason-for-hope.html

Is there a summary somewhere I could read about this interview and what Dr Snyderman said?

I remember that Dr Snyderman hoped to publish his trial. Has that gone the way of the other positive xmrv studies? Does anyone know?

Dr. Snyderman is hoping to publish his results when they are ready and has promised to keep me updated. In turn I will add updates to Cure Talk as I become aware of them.

acer2000

Dr. Snyderman is hoping to publish his results when they are ready and has promised to keep me updated. In turn I will add updates to Cure Talk as I become aware of them.

Thanks KateB. Your articles have been great and Dr. Snyderman's experience is fascinating.