• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

interesting link about hormones and neurotransmitters

ukxmrv

So what you are saying Sally is that Dr Dzugan could possiblly help some patients diagnosed with CFS after a hysterectomy and / or with clearly hormone related symptoms?

(I'm not in that catagory (acute Viral ME, XMRV+) and have done a lot with hormones already so not really useful for me to spend any time on)

Glad you found something that could help with your specific symptoms though and may be able to help others in a similar boat

Sallysblooms

P.O.T.S. now SO MUCH BETTER!
I have E Barr and have had CFS for 20 years. Just getting the supplements to fight and be strong, help fatigue and other symptoms has helped me. Sleeping has been good for healing too. There were many deficiencies to get treated. B12, Vit D, Hormones, seratonin etc. It is a really large area to work on. Little by little both docs have helped me and we are making major progress.

My doctor knows long term virals will be hard on me and probably have relapse problems. We are fighting with other things that do not have side effects for me.

ukxmrv

Good to hear it Sally,

Patients with ME and CFS have been working in B12, Vit d, hormones and seretonin for decades. I'm always pleased for the people I have seen helped. Sadly, it's never been me or many I know in the many groups I have belonged to over the decades.

That's why I am only interested in looking at new things (and antivirals have been one of the few things that have helped me with little side effects). Can't afford the time to flog the same old dead horses again.

Hopefully others with similar profiles to yourself will be able to get help from the methods you used. Wishing you all the best for your current POTs battle.