• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Interesting Coffee Enema Story - Glutathione Levels Raised ?

Wayne

I have a good friend who is an acupuncturist, and who maintains a small diversified health practice along with his wife, who is a massage and cranial/sacral therapist. He’s been working on writing a book recently about cancer in which he describes various alternative and conventional approaches to treatment, attempting to provide insights into what he feels are the strengths and weaknesses of each.

One of his chapters is on detoxification, in which he makes references to coffee enemas (CEs), and the therapeutic role they play in helping cancer patients detoxify. About 6-8 weeks ago, he actually started using coffee enemas for the first time, and described to me what his experiences have been so far. It seems that his wife has done various massage on him in the past, and when she would get close to the area of his liver, would make comments like, “sticky, sticky, sticky, sticky”. Your liver doesn’t even want to be touched.

But after doing coffee enemas every other day for the past six weeks, his wife now describes his liver area as “bright and shiny”, a “poster child” for good liver health. She has also noticed that the irises in his eyes have cleared up considerably, and she is seeing a changing and brighter color in them. In short, I found it rather amazing how somebody’s liver was able to go from a state of distress to one of health in such a relatively short period of time.

In the detoxification chapter, he made reference to the fact that CEs can raise glutathione levels several hundred percent, I think his numbers were 600%-700%. I asked him where he got those numbers, and whether he felt they were accurate, having never heard of any ways that glutathione levels can be measured. He said he got them from the Gerson Cancer Clinic website, and assumed they were accurate. Richvank, if you happen to read this, I would be interested in whether you’re aware of these claims of raised glutathione levels from doing CEs, and whether you believe them to be true.

I’ve long done CEs myself, and have continually been amazed how doing them can take me out of some very deep funks that I’ve not found any other way of getting out of. Because of their effectiveness, I’ve always assumed there was a degree of truth to the claims that they can raise glutathione levels so effectivley. I also heard a story about a woman who battled intractable depression for years that she was unable to find effective treatment for until she began doing daily morning CEs.

From my own experience, it’s easy for me to believe my friends’ experiences, so I thought I’d pass this story along. I like to hear and read about unusual stories like this myself, as there always seems to be certain elements that are at least interesting to consider. In my case, CEs have continued to be a very helpful adjunct to my own health and functionality improvement regimen.

Best Regards, Wayne

ukxmrv

Sadly coffee enemas didn't do anything for my over ME symptoms that I noticed. I have had a blood test which was called something like the Gluthione red cell test and it was very low. Didn't have one before the enemas though to report if it made any difference and the Glutathione test was years after I had stopped them.

Coffee enemas seemed to be used a lot in the late 80's amoung ME friends in my group but I can't say people noticed any improvements to mood either that I heard about.

Mimi

Aren't you supposed to use green coffee? Anyway, I heard that was best from a friend who does them all the time.

aquariusgirl

i'm too dehydrated... I think i just absorb the enema before it can get to the liver. need to fix the dehydration first. not sure how to do that.

Mimi

FWIW, I'm taking aldosterone. It seemed to help so I'm not so desperate for water. But if Rich is right, it's more about low ADH (vasopressin) from diabetes mellitus. I'm taking that from his video of a year ago - not sure what he'd say now.