• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Interesting article about living with migraine - mentions CFS

PennyIA

This really resonated with me. I love how she expanded the discussion to all of the 'woman's issues' and touched on many aspects of dealing with chronic health.

SuzieSam

That was excellent. Long, but so well written it was easy to read. I developed chronic migraines 2 years after the ME started. The upside is that they're taken seriously by both regular people and doctors, in a way ME - always referred to as bloody Chronic Fatigue (Ugh Ugh Ugh - fatigue?) never ever is.

Funny with migraines - 20 years ago, before Triptan medications were developed, which work for about half of migraine sufferers, they were regarded as a hysterical, female, psychological complaint. As soon as doctors had a treatment option, attitudes started to change.

Most doctors just can't admit when they don't know for sure, can't help, that some things medical science has yet to discover.

Goes to show - the medical and public perception of ME is based on doctors' hubris - if they can't treat it, it's not real, or our own fault. I bloody HATE most doctors.