• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Interesting article about Guaifenesin to treat fibromyalgia..

learner2life

David Pain
I want to say I don't have fibromyalgia but came across an interesting article from a Dr. Kurland. Here is his site..

http://www.fibrokur.com/Fibromyalgia_English/

It's an interesting theory about how phosphates aren't completely eliminated from the body due to a defect in the kidneys. There are some interesting points that he makes. Mostly it's a different view point with explanations.

I find it interesting because the vitamin K protocol advises the use of phosphate to help with energy production and rebalancing lactic acidosis. In this article due to kidney defects phosphates seem to be the culprit. It's interesting how phosphates can be viewed as necessary in one and as a contaminant in another.
Have a good one.
David

jeffrez

That's a very old theory, a decade or more old at least, pushed by a guy named St. Amand. I don't think it really ever panned out, although I think there are some people who claimed to have improved from it, whether because of placebo/wishful thinking or otherwise. I don't think it's a particularly high risk protocol, but of course you always have to be careful when taking a xenobiotic drug or when starting something new... or when being on something for a while... or when coming off something you've been on for a while... ;-)