• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Insomnia worse on Vitamin D3 - Help

Gondwanaland

How do you recognise parathyroid pain?
After a few days taking 1.5mg Boron - which helps enormously with cognition - I started having parathyroid pain. It disappeared after I lowered the Boron dosage to 500mcg. It hurts on both sides of my lower neck (exaclty where the parathyroid glands are :p).
Looking forward to reading about @L'engle experience as well!

L'engle

moogle
How do you recognise parathyroid pain?

@MeSci For me it's a sore or pressure feeling on the corners of the thyroid. At first I thought it was the thyroid until I realized it was related to calcium and vitamin d intake. I still am unclear on how it works though I have read some quite detailed sites trying to figure out what is going on.

@Gondwanaland That sounds similar to my sensation. I guess vitamin D or boron could both increase calcium absorption. I'm still trying to figure out what is going on, though I got sick of thinking about it lately as it goes away if I don't have vitamin d or too much calcium. Did you have a PTH test? I haven't yet.

I read the following post about possible interrelations of vitamin d and parathyroid. No idea about sarcoidosis personally. Hopefully it is useful. My brain is off right now or I would comment more. Take care.
https://www.facebook.com/SarcoidosisResearch/posts/335098549889387

Last edited:

Gondwanaland

@L'engle My PTH seems fine, just tested it last week and hope to not have screwed it up yesterday by taking K2-MK4 :cautious:
26.9 (4.0 - 65.0 pg/mL)
There are several minerals and vitamins involved in the calcium metabolism and I don't have enough understanding of it yet, sorry for not being of more help.

MeSci

ME/CFS since 1995; activity level 6?
After a few days taking 1.5mg Boron - which helps enormously with cognition - I started having parathyroid pain. It disappeared after I lowered the Boron dosage to 500mcg. It hurts on both sides of my lower neck (exaclty where the parathyroid glands are :p).
Looking forward to reading about @L'engle experience as well!

Just checked my supplement bottles - I have between 1.3 and 2.3 mg boron a day, plus whatever I get from food. I don't get any neck pain. Just shows how different we all are!

EDIT for clarity - I don't get any pain in the front of my neck/throat area (except occasional, usually brief sore throat which I am fairly sure is due to secretions from ears and nose dripping into throat). I sometimes get mild neckache at the back, usually accompanied by mild headache.

At the front I just get swelling, presumably of lymph nodes/glands.

Last edited: