• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Injectable B-12 in Australia

Hi Guys , In Australia the government has stop compounding chemists making B-12 if its not used the same day. Can any one advises in Australia me of a good alternative ? cheers :)

Mij

I was B12 deficient 2ys ago. I took 1000mg/day of MB12 (methylcobalamin) tablets and sublinguals. I took it with a good B-Complex supplement. I was mad at my doctor because she wouldn't rx me the injections but the supplements worked fine, it just took a little longer to get my levels back up.

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
Amazing that it costs $3 ml from chemist but one can buy double strength per ml vet b12 500ml for $60.

I know people will say something about the purity but could imagine race horse owners using sub par quality??

Popular way bodybuilders get cheap b12? ???

So if they charged pharmacy price for vet b12 that 1500 bucks vs 60 ??

Eeyore

Dr. Derek Enlander in NYC has spoken about the use of sublingual (methyl?) B12. He uses a spray that you apply under the tongue, and claims good results from that. You can probably find some of that somewhere, or even order it from him.

You can also buy sublingual methyl B12 lozenges that you put under your tongue and dissolve.

Unless you have a deficiency of intrinsic factor (which allows for absorption of B12) supplementing oral B12 is probably sufficient to get your levels very high if desired. If you have a deficiency of intrinsic factor and hence pernicious anemia, you may need injections - but they should be covered by your health care plan (I don't know Australia well but it's hard to imagine any country denying B12 to people with pernicious anemia). Oral supplementation generally works fine in other cases.

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
(I don't know Australia well but it's hard to imagine any country denying B12 to people with pernicious anemia)

I think its referring to the high strength compounded b12s. Normal 1mg/ml b12 can be bought over the counter in any pharmacy for about $10 for 3 ampoules. That type of b12 makes it hard if one wants to try high doses of b12 like 10mg at a time. The pharmacy would frown and probably refuse one if they wanted to buy 10 or 20 boxes of b12??

I know when i was searching online, the only high dose b12 i could find from overseas was cyno b12, thats 5000mcg plus