International ME/CFS and FM Awareness Day Is On May 12, 2018
Thomas Hennessy, Jr., selected May 12th to be our international awareness day back in 1992. He knew that May 12th had also been the birthday of Florence Nightingale. She was the English army nurse who helped to found the Red Cross as well as the first school of nursing in the world.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Ingredients in injections?

Discussion in 'Detox: Methylation; B12; Glutathione; Chelation' started by Chiron, Jan 28, 2018.

1. Chiron

Chiron

Canada
    Does anyone know if vitamin injections in general can cause adverse effects on the body, either do to their buffering agents, or the fact that you're bypassing digestion/the liver? I've wondered if forcing the body to accept fractionated vitamins by IM or IV could possibly be doing harm.

The reason I'm asking is that since starting using vitamin IMs my inflammatory bowel has been acting up. I did the IMs because I thought the whole point was to bypass digestion but now it seems my body is having an unfavorable reaction.

The only other thing I can consider is that my immune system is somehow being upregulated by the vitamins and maybe it's triggering my auto-immune. In other thread it was suggested that perhaps upregulation is causing massive detox and I need to chelate more.

Any ideas?

2. Learner1

Learner1 Forum Support Assistant

Pacific Northwest
    I do injections of HB12, MB12, and high potency B complex. I'm allergic to corn and had trouble with MB12 made by bacteria grown in a corn medium. Switching to a differently sourced MB12 made my symptoms go away.

The massive detox theory is a good one. Do you have adequate molybdenum, B1, glycine, glutamine, cysteine, and methionine to make the whole system work? You should discuss this with whoever prescribed the injections.

3. Chiron

Chiron

Canada
    Thanks a lot Learner for your reply, once again.

I unfortunately don't have regular access to my naturopath due to financial constraints. I am looking into finding molybdenum from Thorne. I take B1 as part of B complex. I have L-glutamine powder from Thorne, would that suffice?

I have NAC, but it seems to make me feel worse for some reason. I thought methionine is part of the methylation cycle, if everything is fed? Forgive my ignorance.

I'm trying to avoid the methyl trap as described by Freddd. Maybe I am taking too much B12/5MTHF and it's causing too much booting up .

4. Learner1

Learner1 Forum Support Assistant

Pacific Northwest
    You're welcome.
    [Quote[
    I unfortunately don't have regular access to my naturopath due to financial constraints. I am looking into finding molybdenum from Thorne. I take B1 as part of B complex. I have L-glutamine powder from Thorne, would that suffice?

See more popular forum discussions.