• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Info on balancing the immune system

zzz0r

Since I am having trouble with most of the herbs and natural substances that act as critter killers ( bad bacteria or virus killers) and can not use them for more than two days, I assume that my problem is my overacting immune (I can not remember when was the last time I had fever or a flue) system due to a chronic infection (maybe lyme or candida, not sure yet).

So I am looking on a really good article/information on how to balance the immune system using supplements (th1/th2 balance). There are several articles on goggle but I think that there are not good enough.

Any suggestions are welcome

Last edited:

Mary

Moderator Resource
Since I am having trouble with most of the herbs and natural substances that act as critter killers ( bad bacteria or virus killers) and can not use them for more than two days, I assume that my problem is my overacting immune (I can not remember when was the last time I had fever or a flue) system due to a chronic infection (maybe lyme or candida, not sure yet).

So I am looking on a really good article/information on how to balance the immune system using supplements (th1/th2 balance). There are several articles on goggle but I think that there are not good enough.

Any suggestions are welcome

http://www.anapsid.org/cnd/diagnosis/cheneyis.html

Also, some years ago I took Moducare - as I recall, it helped my immune system a bit. I think I took it for quite awhile and then stopped noticing a difference so I stopped it, but after looking at it again, I may retry it:
https://www.amazon.com/Kyolic-Moduc...=UTF8&qid=1471289911&sr=8-3&keywords=moducare

renski

I think you want to figure out if you are Th1 or Th2 (blood test), selfhacked has a lot of info on this topic..

zzz0r

I think you can be th1/th2 balance can change instantly. You do not HAVE to be stuck in either situtation

renski

Right.. my own situation seems to be -> Th2 is elevated (maybe due to stress, nutrient deficiences) -> therefore infections etc -> Th1 is elevated as a result -> symptoms like depression/anxiety/insomnia