• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

incredible online resource!!

Aileen

Thanks to the reading list in the Useful Genetics course I have just found a huge genetic resource site. The Cold Springs Harbor Laboratory is a large research lab that is involved in both genetics and neuroscience among other things. Scientists from different disciplines also work together on things.

It has a huge website, actually an interconnected group of them. I have spent only a short time looking around. The is a "DNA learning center". It also has a sizable library and some of the articles are actually open access. Another item of note: information on staff members and a way to contact them.

It is quite an impressive resource. Perhaps those of us who are interested can check out different areas and report back on specific sections of the site. That way we won't each have to spend hours looking around to find a specific thing and we can get a better idea of the info that pertains to us and how best to use this resource.

I can't believe I didn't think of looking up their website. I live 15 minutes away.When I was in high school, James Watson (as in Watson & Crick, discoverers of the double helix) lived on the premises. Not sure if he still does though.