• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

increased nausea with meth protocol…. B6 issues

place

Be Strong!
Hi folks,
over the the past couple of years my tolerance for winding roads, being on the sea and other things i never had any issues with nausesa.

However, I really stepped up my methyl game about a year an a half ago. Ever since then medication that have never caused nausea are now making me nauseous. At the time I chucked this up to getting older.

I am now pregnant and my nausea has made me stay in bed all day (except I go to a desk job for 3-4 hours in the morning). also, I take my metifolin but The B12 makes me twice as bad. So I have had to stop taking B12

Looking up solutions for morning sickness, b6 has a huge impact. I feel so much better when I eat meat, which is really high in B6

Has anyone depleted their B6? or had any similar side effects (sans the pregnant part =)

adreno

PR activist
Meth protocol?

738532498.jpg

place

Be Strong!
I wish I could say this was the first time I have made that typing error but sadly no. For the record, I have never seen chewbacca playing baseball while on the methyl protocol… but i did see him on the street in key west…

See profile pict =)

whodathunkit

@place, it's a Freudian slip. :p

I was just popping in to say that I always got nauseous on my meth protocol, too, which is why I had to give it up, but @adreno beat me to the wise-assery. Cool avatar, though. :D

Not very helpful, I know. Sorry.

I will say that methylation protocol changed my appetite. I'm just not as hungry all the time But since you're pregnant our situations are vastly different. Might be the same phenomenon at work, or maybe not.

Are you inclined to be a vegetarian? Is there some reason you don't want to eat a lot of meat until you can take B6 again? (I'm presuming you don't want to take concentrated supplements that might have an unexpected effect on your baby's development.)