• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

increased heart rate going from walking to standing

taniaaust1

That is my understanding also. It is the reason tilt-table testing is considered to be preferable to the poor-person's version. It is virtually impossible to stand completely still - there will always be slight leg movements - the tilt table supposedly eliminates this.

Though tilt table has been regarded as the gold standard for a long time now, I was recently reading some research that had found the poor mans test more accurate at picking up POTS patients as apparently the tilt table testing is missing picking it up for some (I think it was something like 30% had been missed by tilt table testing).

voner

here is a little more information.

i'm taking 0.2 mg fludroortizone a day and it elevates my blood pressure, so I tend too not suspect simple bloood volume issues.

i'm just wondering if someone understands The signaling that occurs within the autonomic system when you go from walking to standing.

i'm curious if anyone understands the inner dynamics of the autonomic system as related to this phenomenon I experience.

At times, when I go for a slow walk my heart rate Will raise 20 to 30 bpm during the walk. If I stop walking and just stand completely still, my heart rate will raise another 20 or 30 bpm on top of The walking rate aand stay at this elevated right as long as I keep still in standing.

anybody understand the dynamics of the signaling of the autonomic system that would cause this?

thanks in advance.

Hello did you ever find answer to this ? I'm having same issue.