ME/CFS and the Change of Seasons: How Does This Affect You?
The advent of autumn can hit Jody Smith pretty hard. She's learned a few ways to lessen the damage every year. How do you handle the change of seasons?
Discuss the article on the Forums.

In Memory of Purple (Klara)

Discussion in 'In Memory of ...' started by Sushi, Aug 30, 2018.

1. Sushi

Sushi Moderation Resource Albuquerque

Albuquerque
    [​IMG]
    I am so sad to pass on this news. Purple was a much loved member for 7 years. She was in the 25% of severe patients yet always kept good humor and found ways to celebrate small things and even contribute to advocacy with projects she could do from bed. Here is how she described her Activity Level:
    Many members will remember her from group chats though, as her illness progressed, she was not able to be as active on the site. I'll share the announcement from her Facebook page as it was shared with me:

ahmo, L'engle, RobR and 24 others like this.
  2. justy

justy Donate Advocate Demonstrate

U.K
    I first met Purple on Phoenix Rising and later, even though we never met, we became friends and sent each other messages occasionally.

She worked hard at M.E advocacy from her bed, even raising money for investinME by selling her old stuff on ebay. I remember her laughing about the kind of things people were willing to buy- she had a great sense of humour. Her beloved husband cared for her and supported her in all she did and also worked hard on the fundraising project.

She was a keen traveller, having lived an adventurous life before illness struck and had many plans for future adventures. We both believed campervan travel is the way to go for PWME. Her adventurous spirit infected me and it was through her i learnt about google earth and the ability to ‘visit’ far away places, which i often did.

She was a fighter for justice and spoke up about political issues that she felt strongly about,

I am deeply saddened by her sudden departure from our lives and thinking so much of her husband and family at this awful time.

Rest in peace dear Klara x

Nico, alkt, L'engle and 16 others like this.
  3. Tom Kindlon

Tom Kindlon Senior Member

Nico, L'engle, svetoslav80 and 8 others like this.
  4. Tom Kindlon

Nico, L'engle, justy and 4 others like this.
  5. alex3619

alex3619 Senior Member

Logan, Queensland, Australia
    I miss chatting with Klara. We used to do that a lot most of a decade ago.

Nico, Misfit Toy, L'engle and 7 others like this.
  6. Nielk

Nielk Senior Member

I'm so sad to hear about Klara's passing! My condolences to her family. a few years ago, Klara and I collaborated on a project to create images to raise awareness for ME. It was such a pleasure to work with such a dedicated advocate. I appreciated Klara's many talents and her great sense of humor. She was keen to help others who were severely affected by ME - even though she was herself very sick. She always expressed her gratefulness for the care she was given by her loving family.

I had lost the close touch I had with her since the ME awareness image making was not active anymore and saw less and less of her posting on social media. I did not know that she was struggling with cancer as well.

What a great loss to the community and her family. May she rest in peace.

L'engle, Mike Harley, justy and 7 others like this.
  7. Sushi

Sushi Moderation Resource Albuquerque

Albuquerque
    Yes, there were a group of us here who used to check in with each other most every night. It meant a lot and Klara was at the heart of it. She is greatly missed.

Nico, Dainty, L'engle and 6 others like this.
  8. taniaaust1

taniaaust1 Senior Member

Sth Australia
    I remember Klara though hadnt seen her for quite a while about, this is sad news. RIP. Condolences to her family.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2018
    L'engle, justy, Joh and 2 others like this.
  9. Tom Kindlon

Nico, L'engle, Mike Harley and 3 others like this.
  10. Wolfcub

Wolfcub Senior Member

SW UK
    I didn't know Klara, but from one Soul to another....
    Blessings to your Soul. Fly free dear Klara!

L'engle and Lisa108 like this.
  11. svetoslav80

svetoslav80 Senior Member

Bulgaria
    She was one of the first people to chat with when I joined this website. Then I stopped chatting but was following her on facebook and very much enjoyed her anti-brexit talk. One day she was talking politics, and the next day all of a sudden she said she had cancer and had only few more days to live. Such a shock. RIP Klara.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2018
    Nico, Misfit Toy, Dainty and 5 others like this.
  12. AndyPandy

AndyPandy Making the most of it

Australia
  13. Tom Kindlon

L'engle, Mel9, justy and 2 others like this.
  14. Daffodil

Daffodil Senior Member

I didn't know Klara but she sounds like another gem we lost to this disease. It really seems to affect the best people of all.

Misfit Toy, L'engle and Mel9 like this.
  15. Tom Kindlon

L'engle likes this.
  16. L'engle

L'engle moogle

Canada
    Dear Klara was one of those very strong and kind people that the world needs more of. While we hadn't chatted much in the last few years, I too remember my conversations with her fondly.

She would speak of her love for Cape Town and how she used to hike up Table Mountain when she was healthy. So I will remember her that way, out in the fresh air and moving upwards on strong legs.

Though most of us never met her in person, she is missed as a dear friend.

Dainty and Sushi like this.
  17. Dainty

Dainty Senior Member

Seattle
    I am so, so shocked to hear this news.

I knew Klara only a Purple, and primarily from chat. She was in our small band of regular chatters, talking nearly every day. She always felt so strong through the screen, even though we knew she was struggling.

RIP, dear one. You are part of what made the magic happen, and even though we haven't chatted in many years, you are missed.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2018
    CJB, Nico, Misfit Toy and 2 others like this.
  18. Misfit Toy

Misfit Toy Senior Member

USA
    I don't remember Kiara, but I am so sorry she has passed and to everyone who had interactions with her. RIP, Kiara.

L'engle and Sushi like this.
  19. justy

justy Donate Advocate Demonstrate

U.K
    Klara's funeral will be held on Monday In London:

Monday 1st October 2018 at 10.45am
    Honor Oak Crematorium
    Camberwell new Cemetery
    Brenchley Gardens
    London SE23 3RD

Klara’s wishes for the funeral is she didn’t want a sombre affair in black suits. She want’s people looking positive, flowery skirt, pink top, little kitten heels.

Klara wished that any donations in her memory can be made to:

Stop Rhino Poaching
    https://www.givengain.com/…/supportingrangerssupportingrhi…/#

Or for those in the UK

UK Save the Rhino
    https://www.savetherhino.org/get-involved/donate/

Or
    Invest in ME Research

https://donate.justgiving.com/donation-amount…

L'engle, Tom Kindlon and Sushi like this.
  20. perrier

perrier Senior Member

I never knew Klara (Purple), and I have to believe that she is free from suffering now. May the earth be a bed of down for you dear Klara.

I cannot bear it anymore that so many people are passing away due to this horrific illness.

justy likes this.

See more popular forum discussions.