• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

In memory of Justin Noble - Justin30 on PR

Old Bones

I am heartbroken. I have recently missed the passion of @Justin30 's posts, as they gradually reduced in frequency and number, and then disappeared. How sad that it is often only under such tragic circumstances that forum members can finally put a face to a name. Canada has lost one of its most outspoken advocates for change in how ME patients are recognized, and treated. And, Justin's social network has lost a wonderful son, father, family member and friend. May you rest in comfort, Justin, and find the peace you couldn't in the latter months of what was previously a joyful life, based on the photos we've been privileged to see on your Facebook page.

ScottTriGuy

Stop the harm. Start the research and treatment.
Its worth pointing out that even though Justin is Canadian, his parents designated American ME research for donations.

It speaks to the lack of Canadian ME research.

And the failure of our health care leaders to knowingly allow the institutionalized and systemic psychosomatic bias against ME research and treatment to propagate.

Our health care leaders, like Health Minister Philpott, are responsible for maintaining this status quo and must be held accountable for their inaction.

As we see in Justin's posts, this bias impeded his ability to access appropriate testing and treatment in a timely manner and to be treated with dignity and respect by health care workers.

We will carry Justin's passion for change in our health care system forward in his memory and honour.

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
I can't believe this. How can this happen so suddenly to someone we knew and cared for so much? So much a part of this community and then gone.... Justin touched us all--so many of us had private conversations with him and shared our hopes and frustrations. He and his family contributed so strongly to Missing Millions.

To remember him in a joyous moment, here is his picture with his child.
14590239_10154639722692520_2695242472476495440_n.jpg

Nielk

So sad to hear about this great loss. I read on Facebook about a Justin in Canada passing away, not realizing that it was @Justin30 on PR.

I too have enjoyed many of his comments on here. I didn't realize how young he was and that he had an infant son.

Heartbreaking.

Kati

Patient in training
I can't believe this. How can this happen so suddenly to someone we knew and cared for so much? So much a part of this community and then gone.... Justin touched us all--so many of us had private conversations with him and shared our hopes and frustrations. He and his family contributed so strongly to Missing Millions.

To remember him in a joyous moment, here is his picture with his child.
14590239_10154639722692520_2695242472476495440_n.jpg
This photo was taken this year, and shows the invibility of the disease very well.

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
I feel like the forum should observe a moment of silence in honor of Justin and his exceptionally brave fight. I know that is not really possible, but if anyone wants to come into the General Chat room and share their thoughts and feelings, we could do that.

Gingergrrl

That is just a metaphor--I don't think there is a practical way to do it. But the chat room is available for those who wish to grieve together.

Okay, and was not sure if maybe you were thinking that we all light a candle or do something at the same time in his honor. I agree it would be challenging with us all in different times zones but maybe for those in this thread, we could plan something for a future date.

OverTheHills

This is terrible news and like everyone I am upset by the tragic waste of another young life. That picture of him with his young son is very moving.:aghhh::cry:

I am now worrying all the more that Bob has gone missing for the last month. Perhaps something awful has happened to him, perhaps there may be something we can do to help him. (I am very poorly today and cannot even find the thread about Bob's absence again).

If anyone reading this thread has Bobs contact details can they please check in with him and let us know.

OTH

I have nothing to say except it's a tragic loss of a young father. I hate the 'In memory' forum in one way because of all the loss but in another way it's a testament that ME kills and the world needs to know this.

Dearest Justin, you made a difference and your untimely death will not be in vain. :hug::(:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

This is terrible news and like everyone I am upset by the tragic waste of another young life. That picture of him with his young son is very moving.:aghhh::cry:

I am now worrying all the more that Bob has gone missing for the last month. Perhaps something awful has happened to him, perhaps there may be something we can do to help him. (I am very poorly today and cannot even find the thread about Bob's absence again).

If anyone reading this thread has Bobs contact details can they please check in with him and let us know.

OTH

Hello OTH, I have sent an email to Bob asking if he is okay. That's all I can do. I will post elsewhere if I hear back.