• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

In Memory of Jonathan Hales.

allyb

Jonathan Hales.png

So very sad another ME hero Jonathan Hales, 48, lost to our community after decades of immeasurable suffering.

............... relieved to see a more respectful write up from the Daily Mail. Thought it did refer often to Mental Health....it did also reiterate his 'Physical illness.'
I sincerely hope this account of Jonathan's suffering made it to the broad sheets and not just the online Mail.

Man crippled by ME for 30 years killed himself using drugs recipe from suicide handbook - and left notes warning fire crew what they would find in the house

• Jonathan Hales, 48, was bedridden having suffered from ME for 30 years
  • Man found dead in bathroom of his home in Bracknell, Berkshire
  • Had taken drugs similar to those found in euthanasia clinics, inquest told
  • Man wrote notes to emergency services warning about his death
  • A verdict of suicide while suffering from ME was recorded today
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2613308/Man-crippled-ME-30-years-killed-using-drugs-recipe-suicide-handbook-left-notes-warning-fire-crew-house.html#ixzz2zy6UeXeL

RIP Jonathan

* Admin............ after a couple of weeks maybe this could be moved to the memorial thread ?

Thank you
Kindlyz allyb

Last edited by a moderator:

Roy S

former DC ME/CFS lobbyist

This is part of a statement from his father and his physician:

'If there is to be any future for ME sufferers we need a co-ordinated service which can address the multiple aspects of this complex disease.
'A residential centre where the worst affected could receive the loving support we currently offer to those enduring other severe illnesses could also serve as a research centre,' added Dr Hammond.
'Perhaps in years to come this will be the means to prevent the tragedy we call by several different names, because it is so little understood.'

Min

RIP Jonathan

Another death to lay at the door of those members of the psychiatric profession who have inappropriately taken all research and treatment funding for the neurological illnesses myalgic encephalomyelitis during the 30 long years this poor man endured such suffering.