• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

In live debate, MP calls treatment of ME patients “one of the medical scandals of the 21st century"

https://medium.com/@missbrooke/in-l...est-medical-scandals-of-the-21st-52b67a782d55

Yesterday, I summarized the debate personal blog with our community in mind (for people who were too sick to watch the video but could read). This morning, I moved the write-up over to Medium as healthy people seem more likely to read Medium than chronic illness blogs. This is different from the ME Action article that was posted in that it focuses mainly on the quotes from the debate itself.

Countrygirl

Well done, @brooke !. We were given a gift yesterday, and we must do our best to broadcast the messgae far and wide.

Now we need the major media outlets to take it up.............if they have the courage to ignore the pressures that will come from 'certain quarters' and the inevitable phone call to the editor :rolleyes:.

Hi @Hip, I wrote this up because a lot of people will not have the patience to read the full debate transcript. You and I will of course because we are interested in this, but for a wider audience, I decided to share just the main points.
@Countrygirl It's hard to get major media outlets to pick up ME/CFS stories. I've been told the key is to stick to the facts, don't be overly emotive (because reporters will think you are exaggerating). I submitted these quotes and the headline to my local papers. I did not include a link to my blog because sometimes outlets will not cover things that have already been covered, even if it's just a blog. I think everyone should do the same and let their local reporters (and the national papers in their country) know this happened.

Last edited: