• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Improvement after food poisoning

Does make you wonder if suggestions of gut bacteria being implicated in ME could be on the right track. When really ill it can purge the system pretty thoroughly. Maybe the body just gets a brief respite from bad bacteria (or good bacteria in the wrong part of the gut?), and/or toxins produced by them? Sarah Myhill discusses gut bacteria issues quite a lot.
Yeah, now that there is a confirmed link between microbiome and CFS, this could be a plausible explanation. ie if your ME was being caused by some bad bugs, then they might have got flushed out in the back (and front), but then made a comeback as many may have survived in the gut biofilm. I just ate some chicken that was a bit past its optimum, so im hoping maybe i get food poisoning and see what the result is.