• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

ILADS President-elect

msf

Is none other than Samuel M. Shor! If the name sounds familiar, it should: he was the author of a paper that found that something like 99% of the ME patients he saw actually had Lyme.

I´m not posting this to start the whole debate again (it´s still going on in another thread), I just noticed that he was the president elect and thought that this would be welcome news to some, and less so to others.

duncan

Hey, this is one smart man. I've read some of his stuff. I just cannot remember what, only that I liked him.

When did this happen?

I am so out of touch with the ILADS people. I sent them an email about how pissed off I was about a recent IDSA study, and they spent 15 minutes just trying to placate me, while I lectured them about why they need to sit up and take notice. At the end of my diatribe, they informed me they knew about the study's implications the whole time.

Tunnel vision on my part. Embarrassing.

But excellent news, imo, about Shor.