• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

IiME Planning Autoimmunity Research relating to Hypothalamus Antibodies

Indigophoton

I haven't seen this on here yet - apologies if cross-posting.

I've just noticed that Invest in ME are planning research exploring antibodies that bind to the hypothalamus:

Invest in ME said:
Autoimmunity and ME

HYPOTHALAMUS
Invest in ME are working with researchers, as part of the examinations facility proposal and to support the rituximab trial, on a more comprehensive and detailed analysis of antibodies binding the hypothalamus.

This is important as these are more likely to explain various ME symptoms.

This, along with a search for anti-cytokine antibodies, will form the first the part of work on autoimmunity in ME.

This project will take between 15 and 18 months with a further 3 months for data analysis and publication.

The funding of this research is via the Invest in ME Biomedical Research Fund.

Original at http://www.investinme.org/IiME Current Research Studies.htm

This would seem to make so much sense: it could explain so much, and bring together the autoimmune and HPA axis aspects of this disease very nicely indeed.