Volunteer opportunity: Organizing Phoenix Rising articles
This section contains all the articles that have been published by Phoenix Rising over the years. As you will see if you browse here, some of the articles are outdated--either the research has been superseded or retracted or the article features an event or campaign that is now in...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Igive turnip video...

Discussion in 'Action Alerts and Advocacy' started by Tony, Nov 5, 2010.

1. Tony

Tony Still working on it all..

Melbourne, Australia
    Moving on from the other igive thread...Sasha's 'voting for a turnip video' idea...:)

I'm sticking with the important thing here...turnips! Well, it could represent us...you can't see the veg unless you pull it out of the ground just like ME/CFS needs investigaton to see the real thing. It looks just like another plant (healthy folk)....just musing...its a quirky idea at least...:) The igive competition did ask for a short fun video...so I'm now officially crazy for turnips!

Who'd like to put together a 2 minute video?...turnips optional. All vegies welcome (represents how some feel at times anyway, vegetative state). I'd vote for it and vote often...:)

There seem to be only 32 videos up as yet....so if whoever has the ability to make a video enters it we still get $50 for being in the first 100.

I invite you all to my place for a turnip based dinner so long as you Vote 1 Turnips! (or anything else we can get 2 mins of video of....)

2. L'engle

L'engle moogle

Canada
    Well, I for one feel like a turnip today. I think I'll go burrow back underground for a bit. I'd vote for a turnip video, yes I would.

3. leaves

leaves Senior Member

Im totally in ! :)

4. frenchtulip

frenchtulip Senior Member

Catchy idea

In my experience, people generally look condescendingly at the lowly turnip. A catchy turnip video would be the perfect way to represent the attitude that many people have toward ME/CFS.

5. Sasha

Sasha Fine, thank you

UK
    Yup, there is a PWC = turnip angle there that I hadn't thought of! Vegetating, definitely...

6. citybug

citybug Senior Member

NY
    The video is really cute, and has supporting star Mr. Potato Head.

7. alex3619

alex3619 Senior Member

Logan, Queensland, Australia
    Hi, There is another reason to vote if supporting Phoenix Rising isn't enough. This brings attention to our cause, and may help spread a little more understanding in the community. Bye, Alex

8. Sasha

Sasha Fine, thank you

UK
    Yes, and people may start to wonder why we are having to compete with dogs' homes for funding! :eek:

9. alex3619

alex3619 Senior Member

Logan, Queensland, Australia
    :eek: Indeed!

10. Dolphin

Dolphin Senior Member

As I mentioned in another thread, people can have a sig till the end of November plugging the vote around PR. Go forth and convert! :D
    I know people may think this didn't need to be said explicitly but some people don't read sigs (but some do or do occasionally).

See more popular forum discussions.