The 12th Invest in ME Conference, Part 1
OverTheHills presents the first article in a series of three about the recent 12th Invest In ME international Conference (IIMEC12) in London.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

IGenex vs Armin Strain ?

Discussion in 'Lyme Disease and Co-Infections' started by JAH, Dec 29, 2015.

1. JAH

JAH Senior Member

San Jose
    Hi Everyone,

• I've had a positive Armin Lyme result and a negative IGenex, and wonder if it has to do with testing or strains, if that makes sense. I'm from the US, but lived in Germany as a kid and noticed that Armin tests for several European strains of Lyme. I couldn't find out which strains of Lyme Igenenx tests for. Does anyone know where I can find out what strains of b. burgdorferi each lab actually tests for?

Thanks, J

2. msf

msf Senior Member

It could also be because it is a false positive, or because you have seronegative Lyme (I put the possibility of a false positive first as a peace offering to the Lyme doubters out there).

I donĀ“t know about the Igenex test, sorry.

Valentijn and JAH like this.
  3. maryb

maryb iherb code TAK122

UK
    I live in the UK and was positive on Igenexx. I had some positive and negative on Armin. One thing I know is band 58 on Igenexx has a correlation with the Scottish tick.

Valentijn, JAH and minkeygirl like this.
  4. JAH

JAH Senior Member

San Jose
    Thanks Mary
    I had one lyme specific positive band positive on my recent Igenex - wonder if thats the same as the armin. I may email Armin about it...

My doc and i haven' t yet gone over my results in detail, so maybe she will know, but these results have been a huge shock to me. Cpn was also extremely high. ( conventional cpn also elevated)

J

See more popular forum discussions.