• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Idiopathic CD4 Lymphocytopenia

Overstressed

Hi Sue,
It would be interesting to know whether IL-7 would be effective against e.g. HTLV. Yet, I don't see any upcoming trials of IL-7 and HTLV.

Best wishes,
OS.

alex3619

I am concerned with IL-7 in ME especially if you have MCS as well. I am currently looking at the possibility that we have increased clonal expansion (i.e. a lot more) of gamma delta T cells. These cells require IL-7 in their differentiation. I do not know what supplementary IL-7 will do to their proliferation. Bye, Alex

Daffodil

yea....maybe this is only relevant to HIV. ..with HIV, they can use those CCR5 blockers and such...with other retroviruses they cannot....plus less serious retroviruses do not make the cells as unstable as HIV does.

Please keep in mind that Tofacitinib will be officially approved by the FDA on November 21st, 2012. Although it is being used for arthritis, colitis, and psoriasis, it has been proven active against HTLV (and hypothetically XMRV).

Best wishes.