• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Ian Lipkin: make a big noise for more CFS funding

Jarod

Is there other countries where medical research work can be done with less interference than the US and UK? Maybe it makes sense to support research efforts in countries that don't have so much political interference?

Uno

Oh man I agree entirely Snow Leopard (my Lion approves of your name!). I've been gritting my teeth at the latest press coverage, we need a good journalist to report the real story of M.E. Thank goodness we have Sonia Poulton.

patient.journey

I just found a big title in a big arabic new website, its called the VIRUSES HUNTER
I looked to the pic and i found DR. Lipkin he is the guy they are talking about it and he is in Saudi Arabia searching for a new virus that killed two people with his group and the hall article is talking about his history and that he is the the best viruses hunter world wide !

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
Australia is starting to make strides, they are looking into a diagnostic test for cfs/me, also do research in combo with dr peterson. They are getting good funding(combo of private and govt) compared to other cfs/me research but not as much as more mainstream illnesses.

What we need is several countries doing research on the same thing say nk function and then hopefully back each others research up.

Also i think as soon as they come up with a diagnostic test or a couple of good biomarkers then more money will be put into researching treatments.

Hopefully the ritux stuff in norway with australian studies can stimulate more interest into researching cfs/me.

cheers!!!