• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

IACFSME 2016 conference agenda is up

msf

I see Hornig is going to be there but she isn´t going to be presenting anything.

msf

The question is, is it there though?

I´ve checked twice and failed to notice it, perhaps you might quote that part if you find it.

The question is, is it there though?

I´ve checked twice and failed to notice it, perhaps you might quote that part if you find it.
Do a search for "Davis" and you'll see it.

Lunchtime session 2 on Friday.

msf

Well, I can´t find it on the cut and paste, so I will just take your word for it. Are you sure you have the right Davis though?

Gijs

Maybe KDM will finally present his data for chronic Lyme in ME and his AB cure for CFS/ME patiënts.

aimossy

Does anyone know if there will be much reporting from the conference this year?

Helen

Doesn't he believe anymore in his chronic lyme hypothesis and AB cure? Or is he switching again?
I don´t know what you mean by ' his chronic lyme hypothesis and AB cure'. I can´t see that he is 'switching'. Rather he is developing his treatments based on experiences and latest research; his own and others, in my opinion.

Last edited:

Bob

Do a search for "Davis" and you'll see it.

Lunchtime session 2 on Friday.
I'm not sure if he is there actually, Burn. I can't see him, even with a search.

Edit: Actually ignore that. He is there but only on their updated webpage and not in the info in this thread...

IACFSME conference agenda said:
Mitochondrial Dysfunction: A Potential Etiology for ME/CFS?

Moderator:
Jon D. Kaiser, MD, University of California Medical School, San Francisco

Speaker Panel:
Ron Davis, MD, Stanford University Medical School
Nancy Klimas, MD, Neuro Immune Institute, NOVA Southeastern
Dikoma Shungu, PhD, Departments of Radiology, Neurology and Neuroscience, Weill Cornell Medicine.

Mitochondrial dysfunction is an etiologic mechanism that may explain the multisystem range of symptoms experienced by CFS patients. Electron micrographs of muscle biopsies have revealed abnormal mitochondrial degeneration. Evidence of oxidative damage and increased activity of antioxidant enzymes have also been chemically detected in muscle specimens of CFS patients. The classic presentation for an illness manifesting mitochondrial dysfunction is one that involves multiple symptoms spanning many domains. These typically include fatigue, cognitive impairment and other brain-related challenges, muscle weakness, exercise intolerance, and gastrointestinal problems. The broad symptoms profile found in ME/CFS is consistent with this description of a mitochondrial dysfunction disease.

Each panelist will share their perspective on this topic for ten minutes, including an overview of their own investigations, to be followed by a Q&A session.

Last edited: