• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

IACFS/ME INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE REQUESTS SUPPORT

Sing

TO THE ME/CFS, FM AND RELATED ILLNESSES COMMUNITY

I would like to warmly thank Lydia Neilson for this important opportunity to appeal to you on behalf of the International Association for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome/ME (IACFS/ME; a non-profit organization; www.iacfsme.org). Our upcoming research and clinical conference (Sept. 22-25, 2011) the only international professional and patient conference dedicated to CFS/ME and FM -- will be held in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada (www.iacfsme.org). We hope to see you there.

Our organization, founded in 1994, strongly advocates for biomedical research and improved patient care for people with CFS/ME and FM. In the past two years, we have increased our service to the community by publishing a quarterly scientific journal (Bulletin of the IACFS/ME) and the IACFS/ME Newsletter which reports on current issues on CFS/ME.

We have also posted IACFS/ME position statements on critical and timely issues including the PACE trial, DSM-5 Somatic Symptom Disorder, the delayed publication of an important MLV retrovirus study, and the (US) CDC leadership of their CFS program. Our strong advocacy statements have also been regularly voiced in public testimony at the CFS Advisory Committee meetings in Washington, DC since 2009. We are now developing a new CFS/ME clinical practice manual for physicians (to be discussed at the Ottawa meeting).

I am asking for your support of the upcoming Ottawa conference in order to continue the important work of the IACFS/ME. A donation in any amount will help to sustain our mission of scientific advocacy and improved patient care. To donate, click here: http://iacfsme.org/Home/SupportTheConference/tabid/471/Default.aspx

With your support, we will continue to offer our biennial research and clinical conferences an important venue to engage medical professionals in the field CFS/ME and FM. To make a donation click here:

http://iacfsme.org/Home/SupportTheConference/tabid/471/Default.aspx

Thank you.

With best regards,

Fred

Fred Friedberg, PhD

President

IACFS/ME

Lydia
Lydia E. Neilson, M.S.M. , Founder
Chief Executive Officer
NATIONAL ME/FM ACTION NETWORK
512 - 33 Banner Road
Nepean, ON K2H 8V7 Canada
Tel. 613.829.6667
Fax 613.829.8518
Email: mefmaction@ncf.ca
www.mefmaction.com

NATIONAL ME/FM ACTION NETWORK - HOST OF THE IACFS/ME INTERNATIONAL RESEARCH & CLINICAL CONFERENCE - OTTAWA, CANADA

SEPTEMBER 22 - 25, 2011

For details on agendas and registration, please visit:

Member of www.iacfsme.org