• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

i.v. glutathione

I wouldn't bother with IV, in order to sustain high levels you will need to visit the doc every week, if not more.

You can supplement glutathione orally, despite the common misconception that it is entirely broken down in the gut, a recent study proved that supplementing with L-glutathione orally was an effective way to increase GSH levels.

Couple this with some precursors (NAC, Alpha Lipoic Acid, Milk Thistle) and the correct B Vitamins (methylcobalamin, 5-MTHF) and you will get all the benefits of increased glutathione without the expense and commitment of IV therapy.

perchance dreamer

People at my clinic start going longer between infusions and gradually spacing visits longer and longer. I've talked to some patients who now go once a month or once every 2 months. I'm going to start spacing my visits soon and using Ben Lynch's gluathione liquid more between visits.

I remain on NAC, ALA, methyl donors and other glutathione precursors, but I never experienced the progress with them I'm finding now with the IVs. I'm sure many wouldn't need the IVs, but I'm really happy I found this treatment.

alice111

@jeff_w just FYI I did what was supposed to be a "tiny trial" to see how I reacted - that's what got me to bedbound.
it was not IV proper, but just a "push" and it was a very very tiny dose - the doc wanted to just make sure I did not have a reaction.. which ended being still too much :( if I could go back in time and undo that.. wow I would have saved myself from a year of literally being in bed, worst ive ever been in my whole illness.. so just please be careful
@SwanRonson it seems us people who have had a bad reaction are in the minority, there is NO info anywhere except rave reviews of glutathione.. I still dont know what the heck happened or why... so if you find any info please feel free to share! :)

physicsstudent13

There was a recent mouse study that NAC damaged the hearts and lungs of mice so I don't see why NAC isn't dangerous in people as well. I've only heard of it being prescribed when a person's life is in danger in an acute emergency from liver failure from tyenol poisoning. I would get an echocardiogram and xray catheterization if you have been taking a lot of NAC.
I do think that NAC did help lower my AST/ALT levels in about a week after surgery when one month after they were dangerously high at 80/260 and the damage at that point was not stopping by itself (indicator of liver cell damage)