• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

I start to relapse every time I come off equilibrant

valentinelynx

Dr Chia also found that the antibiotic rifampin (aka: rifampicin) enhanced the effects of oxymatrine:

That's a little odd... Rifampin is one of the most potent cytochrome P450 inducers known. That is, it does the opposite of cimetidine, in that it would decrease plasma levels of drugs. Unless, of course, the rifampin is acing in its intended role as an antibiotic, effective against intracellular organisms such as bartonella or chlamydia pneumoniae (or many other bacteria).

Hip

@valentinelynx, quite a few antibiotics have immunomodulatory properties, so I would think that rifampin boosts the effects of oxymatrine by an immunomodulatory mechanism.

tdog333

Is there any dosage guidelines for cimetidine? I want to try it but worry about the stomach acid reduction since CFS patients are especially prone to SIBO and other co-infections.

I notice that zyrtec infinitely helps my symptoms.

Is there any issue going above the 6 pills a day of equilibrant? Thinking of trying to up it to 8 or so sonce it helps so much.

How can you purchase Equilibrant?

Edit: Figured it out. Thanks Google.

So people find this to improve them enough to go back to exercising?

Last edited:

Hip

Some Sources for Oxymatrine

Equilibrant oxymatrine tablets (Dr John Chia's brand) available at equilibranthealth

Alternative Medicine Solutions oxymatrine (300 mg oxymatrine per capsule) available here:
alternativemedicinesolutionbetterlifealchemistlaborganicpharmacyamazon

White Tiger brand oxymatrine (200 mg oxymatrine per tablet) available here:
chineseherbsacuatlantanaturalnutritionalsgoldenneedleonlinemaxnaturebiomedonline (Netherlands)

I found the White Tiger brand (which contains both matrine and oxymatrine) caused dizziness for an hour or so after taking each tablet, whereas the Alternative Medicine Solutions brand (which contains only pure oxymatrine) did not cause this side effect.

Note that Dr Chia says oxymatrine is not recommended for people with autoimmune tendencies or seizure disorders.

Last edited: