Severe ME Day of Understanding and Remembrance: Aug. 8, 2017
Determined to paper the Internet with articles about ME, Jody Smith brings some additional focus to Severe Myalgic Encephalomyelitis Day of Understanding and Remembrance on Aug. 8, 2017 ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

I get chills for 2 weeks after a single attempt of killing gut microbes

Discussion in 'The Gut: De Meirleir & Maes; H2S; Leaky Gut' started by Lolinda, Aug 17, 2016.

1. Lolinda

Lolinda POTS + after meals, I need to lay in bed for hours

How to resolve chills using a simple household grill

Anyone interested in this thread, I just found a damn simple method for resolving chills. I did some health experiment today and got chills. My chills were just as usual: so bad that hugging two hot water bottles and being under two thick sheepwool winter-blankets did nothing to them. Drinking hot water neither. Now, what I did: I have a small household grill that has four heating rods inside. They turn glowing red when it grills food. I though they must emit infrared. Red all the benefits of saunas and infrared saunas. So I opened the front door and positioned me some 15cm from the grill, such that my belly or my back got a nice comfortable warmth out of that front door.
    ➞ A few minutes later all chills gone!!!
    I am amazed. It feels as nice and cosy in my body as if there never had been any chills at all... How come? It cant be the heat in itself because I did not come close enough to the opened grill door that it would be hot. It just felt pleasantly warm, simillar to a warm water bottle. So I ascribe it to the infrared as such.... It also had another amazing effects I did not have from heat alone: I felt like all my intestines started working intensely. Infrared rays penetrate the body some cm deep.

➞ I am curious if this works for other people plagued by chills, too? :)
    I guess it might work only for people w/o much fat under the skin, thus, where IR penetration depth really reaches inside...

I did some fact-checking if it is really possible that a infrared from a cheap household grill has some health effects. My conclusion: a clear yes.
    Here a Harvard-professor with >300 publications thinks that:
    "Well, therapy is only effective at certain light lengths. 700-760nm has very little to no effect, and when you get to 800, the effects come back.
    ...all the wavelengths from 800-10,000nm do the same things"
    And here you learn which range it is what we humans sense as heat.
    ➞ My conclusion: if I sense it as heat then I can be sure it is in the therapeutic range. My simple kitchen grill is. :) :)

Last edited: Oct 15, 2017

See more popular forum discussions.