• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

I finally found good breads! Gluten free.

Sallysblooms

P.O.T.S. now SO MUCH BETTER!
Well, I finally have a good bread & bagels. I ordered frozen products from the Gluten Free Mall. $$$ I also got breaded chicken there. SO good.

I was so glad it was all good. I had pasta tonight for the first time in a month or more too. We bought some Andean quinoa pasta at Whole Foods. My husband made dinner and even HE ate it. :D

BEG

Sally,

I know I'm not going to spell this correctly but Kinnickinick (gluten free) foods also have wonderful breads and bagels. But also $$$. I buy over the internet. Our local grocery store sells gluten free waffles which is my morning staple. They also have gluten free pastas.

What a delicious dinner! Hope you enjoyed it.

Sallysblooms

It was good. I couldn't believe my husband at the pasta, but it was so good. He made some peanut butter cookies with no gluten today. Just pbutter, sugar, egg and vanilla. Found recipes on Allrecipes.com. It had 1500 reviews! I know you can't have nuts. I am so glad I can, I love them. I can't have choc. Gives me migraines. I miss Choc.

serenity

i had choc before bed last night & it kept me up all night. :(
guess i gotta keep the choc to before 5pm, which isn't really when i want it - but at least i can have it. so sorry you can't Sal.
my morning staple is an apple with peanut butter. :)
yes the stuff ya'll talk about buyin over the net is pricey. i found vegan choc chip cookies that are good & not too pricey...

serenity

i have some quinoa & i don't know how to cook it! what i have is not refrigerated, but maybe ya'll are talkin bout something else?
we use Greenling organic delivery online, they have a great whole wheat shortbread to die for. & hemp milk.
i try to be vegan, but i don't always stick to it. fats, especially animal fats, seem to make the most ill.

Sallysblooms

Glenp, the quinoa pasta is dry, no fridge needed. Serenity, it is just dry pasta I am talking about. Cooked like any other pasta and it is good. We love Rao's sauces! YUM.

I was a vegetarian for quite a while, boy was it bad for me. You have to be so careful. I believe it started my CFS. My b12 went to nothing and caused many problems. I saw a wonderful nutritionist that said he would work with me if I wanted to not eat meat but I said NO, I will do all that is needed to get better! I eat lean steak, chicken and LOTS of salmon. I always did eat eggs. For me, a balanced diet is critical.

Buying on the internet in a refridge. box of dry ice is expensive, but the breads are great. The pasta was just at Whole Foods, in the pasta isle.

serenity

like i say i am not strict vegan at all, nothing to worry about with me - haha! i'm very very loosely vegan, when i meant try i meant that is all - just give it a good shot but nothing cut & dry. i dont' really believe in cutting anything out completely. when i have a choice i will choice the vegan option, but so often that isn't an option that i shouldn't even mention it really - during the day when i am at home eating by myself i am vegan. at night when the hubby gets home & i have to cook for him or if i am out at a restaurant all bets are off. so i am at best vegan only half the time.
:)

Sallysblooms

:) I understand, I won't worry. :) People can eat anything they want, but for me, not eating much meat was really bad. I have to remind myself to eat steak and chicken. My hubby remembers and grills it, YUM. I love fish and veggies so it is so easy for me to not eat meat, but I am good about it now. Doesn't need to be much, not daily.

My hubby does all of the cooking, I rest a lot. He is a wonderful cook, always was, SO handy for me. I thought not eating gluten would be hard. Not at all. I am hoping being gfree as well as my supplements will get rid of my POTS or at least keep it in check. I can deal with CFS much better than POTS.

We love to eat out and that is something I can do to get out and get all dressed up. I love to get shrimp, talapia and salmon when I go out.