• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

I don't feel like i can do this anymore

roller

wiggle jiggle
i also thought long time of nitric oxide and it may be indeed a player in this.

but you may try choline. acetylcholine or even eggs and look, if this may give relief.

personally i think it its caused by the vagus nerve.

so, something like a "nerves herx".

I think I'm experiencing similar symptoms as you @skyfall after 1 week of minocycline 2x100mg. I also take azitromycine and plaquenil but I have been taking them for 3 months and I didn't have this before.

Do you still suffer from this? Or did you find any relief?

I was on mino 1x100mg before and I didn't have this. Tetracycline and doxycyline don't do this to me. I feel completely outspaced, my tinnitus is extremely worse and I feel like something squezing my brain. I have only mild headache occasionally though. My cognitive functions are pretty much gone too.

I decreased my dose to 1x50mg this morning and I will try contact my doc about this. I thought it could be toxicity which I get with azithromycine but NAC and gluthathion doesn't help with this.

Did your ear ringing (tinnitus) go away ?

I had minocycline for 1 month and 9 days. After I felt the ringing in ear I stopped right away. The ringing decrease a lot during these four weeks. But I can still hear a little bit. Will it go away ? I am scared.