• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

I Can Tolerate Barely Any Medicines...

hey guys I've been doing the pyroluria protocol with an integrative doctor for 2 yrs now and honestly I really think it's b/s. I was really bad before starting the treatment but even tho my zinc levels have gone up I feel worse.. I like yourselves wanted to believe that it was something so easy and simple but I think the supplements made me feel worse. I'm so sensitive to any chemical that if I take something I know straight away if it will help me calm or excite me etc... well the times I accidentally doubled up on the zinc I felt far worse crying and feeling overwhelmed the next day. I've been tested for heavy metals and I don't have them either. My copper level was not high I had a few unbound copper etc... it's been two years and it's seriously like beating a dead horse. The way they get you is by saying it takes time for the zinc levels to build up so you wait and wait reading all these articles online forcing yourself to stick with it but deep down you know it's making you worse. I can't find anything seriously concrete to support the claims either