• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

I am -/- on SHMT but Yasko is recommending SHMT support!

Peyt

Hi Everyone,

I am SHMT -/- but on my lab results (HMT, UAA and UTEE) Yasko has recommended SHMT support several times (repeated more than any other supplement). I am -/+ for C677T...
Here are the places she has written SHMT support next to:

UTEE test
Iron ( 0.11) (she wrote SHMTsupport)

UAA test
Cystine (50) (she wrote SHMTsupport)
Combination of Ethanolamine (150), Phosphoethanolamine (30) and Phosphoserine (0.089) (she wrote SHMTsupport)

HMT Test
Uranium (0.17) (she wrote SHMTsupport)

Can someone shed some light on this? Why would a person who is -/- SHMT need SHMT support?
And any idea what is in her SHMT Support? I would love to make sure it's not something that has Sulfites in it because I am sensitive to Sulfites.
Thanks so much,

Last edited:

Valentijn

Can someone shed some light on this? Why would a person who is -/- SHMT need SHMT support?
Based on Yasko's bizarre claims about many SNPs, it is obvious that she either is incapable of understanding the published research which has been conducted upon those SNPs, or she finds it profitable to misinterpret that research in a manner which suggests everyone needs to buy some supplements to "fix" their methylation process.

I'd treat anything she says as gibberish by default. She might get it right sometimes, but due to her many errors, it's necessary to read the actual research to verify her claims.