• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Hypothyroidism and Gastritis/IBS/SIBO

Misfit Toy

Ever since I had the thyroidectomy, my health has gone so far downhill. I have a fibroid that is suddenly killing me and I keep having gastritis.

When I went to a GI doc, he felt that it was IBS. This is IBS, but much worse. I have been on 4 or 5 antibiotics since November and my small intestine is killing me. Plus, I have developed a rash. It's on my legs and body.

I have taken pepcid, this time around with no luck.

The SIBO test my doc gave me...integrative doc is too hard to do. I can't read or figure it out at all. You blow into tubes.

I just called the GI doc on call and he is prescribing me a medicine to calm down the small intestine.

I can't take this. I am losing it. It is crazy how my whole body is just completely coming undone.

I have been getting my period early, all over the place, etc. An embolization for the fibroid is in order and yet I am so sick.

I just don't know how I am going to make this. It's too many things that I am dealing with.

I can't sleep at night.

It's a big achievement to get the SIBO test. I wanted one and couldn't get it. Can't you phone them and ask them what to blow into.
I wish I could say something more intelligent and helpful than that but I have terrible brain fog and dizziness today today. I wish you weren't going through this hell.