• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Hyperactive with CFS

So let's say a hyperactive person is a level 5 in energy. An average person is 3. I think i am at a 1 or 2 energywise now, and a average person is at a 0,5. (With CFS)

I experience that i find it difficult to find energy to do anything. I don't get those kicks anymore that i used to get which would lead me to start jogging or working out. I have to force myself to work out or jog. Thinking about any form of activity just gives me anxiety. It's not about motivation cause that's not a problem. Eventually i googled "Chronic fatigue syndrome" and i am thinking about going to a doctor with it. I've been working real hard to find the energy again but it just isn't there. Vision boards, yoga, meditation, therapy, works short-term but then the next day i am back at energy level 1. I'd be happy to be at level 2. Cause that's actually enough to get my ass off the couch and go to the gym.

But i am happy to realize that i have found an answer. All i need now is to go to a doctor and get it diagnosed.

Last edited:
It's not depression.

"5. Neurological/Cognitive Manifestations: Two or more of the following difficulties should be present: confusion, impairment of concentration and short-term memory consolidation, disorientation, difficulty with information processing, categorizing and word retrieval, and perceptual and sensory disturbances – e.g. spatial instability and disorientation and inability to focus vision. Ataxia, muscle weakness and fasciculations are common. There may be overload1 phenomena: cognitive, sensory – e.g. photophobia and hypersensitivity to noise - and/or emotional overload, which may lead to “crash”2 periods and/or anxiety."

That's exactly what i experience. I'm going to have it checked though, because self-diagnosing is dangerous.