• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Hydrocortisone Sublingually

xks201

I highly recommend to those of you on hydrocortisone or possibly even thyroid replacement or other hormones like aldosterone to take it sublingually.

I find the Cortef to be 10 times more effective (subjectively speaking) if I take it sublingually. Sometimes I literally do not even feel the hydrocortisone hit if I take it regularly. My endo says not to take it sublingually, but me and my friend do and if we didn't we probably wouldn't get out of bed.

Ema

I take HC sublingually too.

Just make sure to rinse the mouth out well or use a mouthwash like Listerine afterwards.

It works much better for me this way. I've just recently started taking Florinef subling and will be curious to see if it allows me to reduce the dose.

xks201

Make sure too take sea salt daily with Florinef.

Also I have made a very interesting observation regarding sublingual dhea... Seems to work much better. I think the metabolites are different sublingually dosed.

August59

Daughters High School Graduation
I highly recommend to those of you on hydrocortisone or possibly even thyroid replacement or other hormones like aldosterone to take it sublingually.

I find the Cortef to be 10 times more effective (subjectively speaking) if I take it sublingually. Sometimes I literally do not even feel the hydrocortisone hit if I take it regularly. My endo says not to take it sublingually, but me and my friend do and if we didn't we probably wouldn't get out of bed.

Another question - How long did it take for you to feel the effects of the Picamillon on producing GABA?

Hi this may be a late reply but I hope still ok - I am getting lots of GI side effect from the plain HC tablet
can someone tell me how or what form of tablet can be taken sublingually..can I just put the plain tablet under the tongue or does it have to be specially formulated for sublingual use? maybe by a compouning pharmacy? Very much appreciated!