• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Hydrocortisone question

invisiblejungle

The Addison's dose is completely individualized...I take an equivalent to around 50mg of HC of dexamethasone every day.

Hi xks201,

Would you mind listing the meds/supplements you're currently taking for hormonal issues? My interest was piqued by your reference to balancing the adrenergic receptors. My body has been stuck in a high adrenaline state due to a physical trauma 5 years ago, and so far nothing as helped, including beta blockers. I'm always looking for new ideas.

Thanks! :)

xks201

Every hormone except insulin plus atenolol and sometimes carvedilol (blocks alpha receptors in addition to beta receptors). I actually get more energy from adrenergic blockers than stimulants like adderall.