• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Huffington Post by Dr Simon Duffy 'Will The UK Establishment Finally Stop Denying The Reality Of ME?

Yogi

http://m.huffingtonpost.co.uk/dr-simon-duffy/uk-establishment-me_b_18375968.html

Jennifer Brea's powerful film Unrest exposes the reality of Myalgic Encephalopathy or ME. This condition leaves people utterly exhausted, or as Brea puts it, like a broken battery, unable to charge beyond 10%.

Great article by one of my favourite authors!
I :heart: Dr Simon Duffy and CWR.

Weaves all the important stories together - Jen Brea, Unrest, PACE trial, psychiatric cover up, BPS, Wessely, Unum Insurance, Tuller, CDC, Countess of Mar, Science media centre,!!

char47

its great, great comment by Nasim Jaffrey too - may be others so done-in to read further

SilverbladeTE

When?
When Simon Wessely is arrested, tried, found guilty and imprisoned for his actions against ME and other patients.
or
he and vast majority of his victims are dead, that's how it usually works with the utterly corrupt, extremely evil British Establishment (see asbestos, nuclear/chemical weapon test veterans etc).

All about power, cover ups, keeping each other's ass covered.
Until he, as the man who's been honoured by the Establishment to protect him, has been broken and exposed as an abuser, this crap will continue.
See current exposes of other types of abuse by famous powerful people.
Not until heads roll (exposed, loss of patronage, contracts, honours etc), do things change.

Alvin2

The good news is patients don't die the bad news..
Until we have a disease mechanism the reality deniers will have claim to legitimacy. Put another way if they tried to claim diabetes is not real and is psychosomatic (and take away people's insulin) they would be laughed off the stage and probably lose their medical licenses.