• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

How to test for tumor necrosis factor-alpha ?

Peyt

Hi,
Yesterday I ran my genetic testing through 23andme and noticed I am GG on Gene rs1800629 which is the gene responsible for tumor necrosis factor-alpha .

I have been told just because i have the gene mutation it does not mean the gene is active and I need to now follow up with laboratory tests to see if I even need to worry about this or not... but the symptoms sure resonate with all that I have been suffering with so I want to test myself to see if I have excess TNF-a .... what is the name of the lab test? anyone know? (If I know the name, I can ask my Dr. to write up the lab work for me)

Thank you so much,
Peyt

Valentijn

Yesterday I ran my genetic testing through 23andme and noticed I am GG on Gene rs1800629 which is the gene responsible for tumor necrosis factor-alpha .
GG is the normal version. And it's not actually on the TNF gene, just near it.

Rooney

Hi,

I have been told just because i have the gene mutation it does not mean the gene is active and I need to now follow up with laboratory tests to see if I even need to worry about this or not... but the symptoms sure resonate with all that I have been suffering with so I want to test myself to see if I have excess TNF-a .... what is the name of the lab test? anyone know? (If I know the name, I can ask my Dr. to write up the lab work for me)

Thank you so much,
Peyt
TNFa lab test would be done in a research lab. I asked about it this year here in the US