Julie Rehmeyer's 'Through the Shadowlands'
Writer Never Give Up talks about Julie Rehmeyer's new book "Through the Shadowlands: A Science Writer's Odyssey into an Illness Science Doesn't Understand" and shares an interview with Julie ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

how to stop taking fludrocortisone safely

Discussion in 'Problems Standing: Orthostatic Intolerance; POTS' started by lauluce, May 7, 2018.

1. lauluce

lauluce as long as you manage to stay alive, there's hope

argentina
    Hi! I have a very important question for anybody that could kindly anserw it. I've been taking fludrocortisona for 3 months, and I noticed that I started getting terrible depressed without any external cause... I'll take a potassium test tomorrow, to see if it is related to it. Since the improvemment on my POTS was very moderated, I decided to stop taking this medication and try another one later. I'm afraid my doctor doesn't know how to securely stop taking it, Does anybody knows the right way to leave it? if its possible, could anybody provide me with any text about it? Thank you very much in advance!

alkt likes this.
  2. BadBadBear

BadBadBear Senior Member

Rocky Mountains
    I tapered off of it and had a terrible time of it. Plan to go slow and if possible, go slower than that.

alkt likes this.

See more popular forum discussions.