• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

How to stop knocking over glasses???

Andrew

I spend a lot of time on the couch. I keep a water glass on the coffee table next to the couch so I can stay hydrated. Sometimes I knock it over and don't notice what I've done. The water runs all over and ruins things. So far it has not ruined anything critical. But I don't want to press my luck. I searched the Internet for a glass caddy but didn't find anything workable.

Any suggestions?

Victoria

Andrew,

if I was you, I would get whatever solution you can find.

A sports container, or..............a sippy cup, if it works for you.

Stuff what anyone thinks, I'd get whatever I liked.

Whatever solution you find, the important thing is to find the best result which suits your degree of capacity to use it.

Sasha

Fine, thank you
Hi Andrew - how about putting the glass down inside a very wide, shallow container - e.g. a tray with high sides or (even more safely) a washing up bowl?

justy

Donate Advocate Demonstrate
A sports bottle is definately a good idea in this situation.

Just had to let you know that my crazy brain read your thread title (more than once) as how to stop LOOKING over glasses! i imagined you with those half moon glasses peering over the top of them like a professor

leelaplay

Hi Andrew, I have found the most fantastic product. It's like a coffee travel mug, but it is 100% leak-proof. Some nifty sealing mechanism. You push a button and the hole open to drink. They're double-sided steel so thermos-like; keep things hot for a few hours . They're so good, they can lie on their side or be upside down for hours - no leaks. And lightweight.

They are made by contigo (a US company). I got them at costco - think it was 2 for $20. Maybe you could order them from on-line, don't know.

Here's the company. http://www.gocontigo.com/autoseal.html The ones are got are like the first picture.

sb

They're one of the best products I've ever found.

sleepy237

Andrew i picked a couple of sports bottles for pennies. They are the best they cant spill. I still manage to spill hot drinks but the sports bottle is always arund me safely. I agree with all other replies here. Take care hun

Andrew

Just letting you know I've been reading and appreciating the advice. I put a temporary tray on the table, but my problem now is I keep putting my mail in the tray and my cup on the table. <sigh>

In terms of the spill proof bottles, are those hard to wash?

leelaplay

hey Andrew - How many years later and I still find the challenges that come up for us crazy!

I liked the idea of using a heavy pot to hold your mug (assuming that you won't knock the pot over).

re the spill-proof mugs I use - they're double-layer smooth stainless steel so easy to clean. Too narrow for me to get my full hand in, but Quick normal clean if nothing sticky - I let them sit full of water for a bit if something was sticky - then put a dishclothh in and then a handle of something to move around to clean it. The lid has the threads and an o-ring, but the same method works - just soak a bit if milk or other residue. If you have a dishwasher, they are dishwasher safe.

sb

ps - I have 2 separate boxes for mail on the table by my couch - one waiting to be opened - the next, stuff waiting to be dealt with. Find I lose less and stay on top of things better like this.

leela

I use a wide-mouth quart mason jar with a lid. This does involve the extra step, it's true, of opening and closing a two-part lid. (There do exist one-part lids for them.) But they're hard to knock over because of their shape, (the lid is pretty leak-proof anyway--but if you used it without the lid, say) and they're glass, for those who don't love drinking out of plastic or steel. Easy to clean, cheap, and widely available.