• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

How to respond to my doctor...

rosie26

Yeah, do check it out. I don't have breathing issues with exertion, I have them in general, so it may be a different kettle of fish. :)

-J
I missed this. I'm the same, breathing problems all over, even without exertion.

JaimeS

I missed this. I'm the same, breathing problems all over, even without exertion.

The other thing that has helped significantly for me is Vitex agnus-castus for this problem. Again, I have lots of speculation about how/why, but it's only speculation. No other effects/side effects, though I think it's fair to say it helps my digestion a wee bit as well. This has made a bigger difference in my breathing than the baking soda thing. If I keep it up with the Vitex, about a gram twice a day every day, breathing issues don't surface in the first place.

-J