• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

How to reduce vivid dreaming from Klonopin (Clonazepam)?

I've been taking .5mg Clonazepam and 3.5mg Doxepin for 5 months and it does help me sleep longer. However, I've had very long, vivid dreams every night and often wake up feeling sort of exhausted -- like I've been living the dream all night. My acupuncturist said that vivid dreaming is a sign of disturbed sleep -- that the conscious mind shouldn't be "engaged" at night. It also feels like I'm not getting as deep a sleep as I need to.

I thought I remembered seeing a post where someone said that taking inositol would reduce vivid dreaming, but I can't remember for sure. Does anyone know anything about this?

Any other ideas for reducing the dreaming and/or getting deeper sleep?

Thanks

caledonia

Clonazepam will deplete melatonin. You can take melatonin along with it.

I checked out Doxepin and it will deplete B2 and CoQ10. Both of those are involved with sleep indirectly. You'll have to ask your doc or do research to see if they are any contraindications as I don't have direct experience with those.

dannybex

I've been taking klonopin for waaaaay too long, and have never experienced 'vivid' dreaming. But of course we're all different. I did google doxepin, and right away, the 'vivid dreaming' came up as a side effect.

???