• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

how to recover?

Hey, I'm just curious about some recovery stories. I really want to get better before I really get worse (I currently suffer from mild ME).
Just tell me what you think helped you getting better, anything from pacing strategies to supplements, and also how long it took and how bad you were affected from cfs.

Right now I go to school 7 hours a day, do my homework, study and sleep a lot and cut back on physical activities.

I really try to eat healthily and mostly follow the starch solution (starch based vegan diet), wich has helped me a little bit, since fat makes me sick and tired. But it didn't give me the boost of energy I was hoping for.
I'm also taking vitamin B12 and D (I've got an additional vitamin D deficiency).

I also got some D-Ribose and took it a few days in a row, not noticing any difference (probably bc I had a bad cold/flu).

Thank you in advance xx

Eastman

I really try to eat healthily and mostly follow the starch solution (starch based vegan diet), wich has helped me a little bit, since fat makes me sick and tired. But it didn't give me the boost of energy I was hoping for.

Some people find that amino acids and high-protein foods help. See, for examples, this blog post and this thread.There is also an ongoing thread on whey protein as treatment for ME/CFS.

Esther12

No-one knows.

On the plus side for you, it seems that a lot of younger people go on to just naturally recover.

It's easy to put a lot of time, effort and money into 'treatments' that are no better than nothing.

Fingers-crossed that you will just be one of the youngsters who just had a short (although I'm sure it won't feel short to you) period of ill health.