• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

how to keep sulphates cleared?

Aerose91

Once you clear sulphates by reducing animal protein, etc.. to open up the doorway for other methylation factors, how do you keep them down? Won't they shoot right back up if you go back to a normal diet?

ahmo

Good question. I think for some of us, eg. with CBS variants, it might be a long-term shift in diet. I've found I'm needing less of the things I use to modify ammonia as time goes by. But my body still doesn't want me to eat high thiol veggies...

Aerose91

This is something that I haven't understood about methylation. Is the theory that if we can get it up and running again we won't have to keep treating it? Because the snp's aren't going to change. As in, will we have to eat a low sulphate diet and take methylfolate and methyl b12 the rest of our lives?

ahmo

My impression is that like w/ ME/CFS, once a certain level of damage is done, there may be no total repair, only management. Depends on our SNPs and epigenetics, environment, etc...:meh: