• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

How to get out the frustration?

A healthy person can run or scream. For the stress hormones I want to do physical activity, but I don't want to have PEM. Even punching pillows or throwing them around gives me PEM. What can I do? Anything vocal I'm afraid will stress me too.

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
do the opposite and laugh, get an endorphin rush rather then an angry adrenaline rush. Watch some comedy, relax with some good tunes in the back ground.

cheers!!!

silicon

vent (and rant) to your friends here on Phoenix Rising...at least we'll understand and not judge or give you any backtalk

or make voodoo dolls of your favorite villain

hurtingallthetimet

yes as the other poster said venting is great...it helps alot to talk to others who understand...i just wish i had the energy and brain power to be able to go on several support groups at once...seems i can only do one or another...just too exhuasting to try to go on more than one at a time...

i cry alot..some may find this a weakness but it helps me some...

and again as someone already said watching a good feeling funny movie or tv show can help some too...

i use to love to do a little gardening, never nothing fancy even when healthy..but i loved it...and it calmed me it seemed...but ive not been able to do that for awhile now...

a nice hot bath with epsom salts or bubble bath is nice and relaxing..just gotta be careful getting in and out of tub : )
maybe you will get more ideas : )

xchocoholic

How about writing down your feeling ? Start with "i get so angry when ... ". Be sure to use
plenty of cuss words. And tear it up when your finished. Re-do regularly.

Fwiw, I rant here a lot and really appreciate knowing others understand why I'm so pissed off.
For me, it's an irreplaceable bond .. Thanks ..

The only problem I'm finding is that after 7 years of ranting, I'm still po'd. Obviously, I have
no patience for ignorance .. Lol .. Tc .. X

BEG

When these awful feelings overwhelm, someone told me "go outside." Just get out of the house and sit outside. Also, take three deep breaths and then concentrate on your breath going in and out. Silently repeat a few words as you do this. Keep concentrating on your breath. I believe that calming yourself will save your energy. I know the frustration can make you feel combustible.

Most definately get your mind on something else. And remember, SOS, you're not alone and you have lots of sympathy. :) I hope you find something that works for you.