• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

How to fix D-lactic acidosis?

kangaSue

so you've tried the sodium acetate? any good reactions from it
Yes and yes, most definitely, but my biggest hope of being able to tolerate a larger pool of foods hasn't come to fruition.
Acid blockers weren't doing squat for severe reflux and quitting them in favour of just taking a mix of sodium bicarb and ACV, an hour before eating (3 x a day), has significantly improved on acid reflux symptoms and also helps a lot with the abdominal pain I get from chronic intestinal ischemia.

frozenborderline

Yes and yes, most definitely, but my biggest hope of being able to tolerate a larger pool of foods hasn't come to fruition.
Acid blockers weren't doing squat for severe reflux and quitting them in favour of just taking a mix of sodium bicarb and ACV, an hour before eating (3 x a day), has significantly improved on acid reflux symptoms and also helps a lot with the abdominal pain I get from chronic intestinal ischemia.
Interesting. I made a separate thread about sodium acetate. I would think that vinegar would act similarly metabolically but that sodium acetate would affect stomach ph less and flare up acidosis less, which is an important small difference
I think i'm going to try it

kelly8

Thank you. Do you remember which probiotics you rotated?

I followed some info from my dr at the time and some from dr Amy yasko. I used allergy research group lactobacillus, inter plexus flora elite, klaire labs abx support, nutriclean probiotics, foremost suprema dophilus, and I had an l. Reuteri but I can't find which one it was.

It took a while to tolerate all of them but eventually I was able to get some good bacteria in there. Basically figured if I didn't fix this then I'd be dead or completely miserable. After about three years and very slowly adding in foods I now can get my probiotics from fermented foods which I eat a lot of different kinds when I can. I just want to keep the good guys stocked and not let any one take over my gut because even good bacteria can be bad if there is too much of it.

Hope you start feeling better soon!

That's your prerogative but as I've pointed out, there are a number of different reasons for having similar symptoms and you need to know what's at the bottom of it before you can effectively treat it.

I do know what's at the bottom of it. Thank you for the information, but I really know my own situation and my body, and it's too exhausting to have to justify my understandings and actions to others. It's helpful if people just take my word for it or ask questions about my history and symptoms rather than trying to tell me what's causing something for me without knowing anything at all about me or my history.

Do you include mast cell stabilizing foods in your diet? Have you tried Cromolyn? Did your naturopathic doctor ever suggest gut dysbiosis as a contributing factor to MCAS? Maybe try a probiotic higher in bifidobacterium. Also if you drink kombucha that could be making the acidosis symptoms worse.