• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

How to dim your computer Screen

minkeygirl

But I Look So Good.
Sometimes my screen is just too bright.

F.Lux is a free download for Mac, PC's and even your phone.

It dims the screen, mine has an orange tint to it and you can set it to change depending on the time.

Really helps although messes up with games where you have to differentiate colors.

Minks

Wayne

Another way to dim your screen [For those with a Windows Operating System]

1) Click on "Control Panel"
2) Click on "Hardware and Sound"
3) Click on "Power Options"
4) Look toward the bottom where you can adjust brightness. It will change as you experiment with different levels.

Click on "Edit Plan Setting" for more detailed fine tuning.

Lowering the brightness can be a huge factor for many of us (it is for me). That and using some kind of an earthing/grounding pad to lower EMFs.

Regards, Wayne

wdb

There are also quite a few web browser extensions you can install which can do things like increase contrast to improve visibility, decrease contrast to reduce eye strain, or invert colors so black text on a white becomes white text on black.