The 12th Invest in ME Conference, Part 1
OverTheHills presents the first article in a series of three about the recent 12th Invest In ME international Conference (IIMEC12) in London.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

How to Correct a magnesium deficiency? Magnesium Cofactors for Absorption?

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS Discussion' started by Snowx997, Feb 13, 2018.

1. liverock

liverock Senior Member

UK

90% of your symptoms are the same as MERCURY TOXICITY, do you eat a lot of seafood or have many silver teeth fillings?
    Mercury builds up slowly and it eats up magnesium constantly as well as many other nutrients.

Mercury is also a bully and will occupy the sites normally reserved for minerals such as magnesium, and that could be why you cant get your magnesium levels increased.

https://evenbetterhealth.com/heavy-metal-poisoning-mercury.php

If you have not already had a mercury test I would recommend you get one from your doctor as soon as possible.

2. Carl

Carl Senior Member

United Kingdom
    I doubt that it is simply the magnesium deficiency which is causing all your problems, if so then you would not have CFS/ME/Fibro.

I may of missed it earlier in this thread, what forms of magnesium have you taken? Stomach acid is needed for some forms to be absorbable and hypochlorhydria is often a problem in CFS, often because of urease bacteria which is where all the ammonia comes from. Have you had a stomach acid test? I am well aware of this because I have quite a strong urease bacteria which I believe could be staphylococcus captis urealiticum in my stomach, not quite as strongly urease active as helicobacter pylori but fairly close. I am planning their destruction ATM along with the cause of CFS.

I have not had any magnesium tests done in a long time so cannot say but I do not have any of the symptoms that I had when I was much younger such as eye twitching or cramps. Magnesium carbonate when reacted with things like ascorbic acid to form magnesium ascorbate, glycine to form magnesium glycinate, malic acid to form magnesium malate are all highly absorbable and it does also neutralise the acidity which urease bacteria react against with ammonia. I do pH balance it aiming for around 7pH. Around £13 buys 1Kg of magnesium carbonate and a 5ml scoop loosely packed/skimmed provides about 200 mg of magnesium so it works out very good value. I purchased 2.5Kg a year ago which cost me £29.99 and still have close to 1Kg left but it is now harder to find. Other supplemental acids do come into the cost but it is still good value IMO.

I do not take taurine specifically for any effect on magnesium, I take it because I am T1 diabetic and it has been shown to be helpful to cardiovascular health. Taurine can be very beneficial for anyone and it does spare Cysteine for glutathione production because cysteine is needed to make Taurine. Taking the burden off the liver in it's production by supplying it is also helpful.
    http://www.lifeextension.com/magazine/2013/6/the-forgotten-longevity-benefits-of-taurine/page-01

pamojja likes this.
  3. Snowx997

Snowx997

I remember eating a lot of canned tuna over the summer so maybe I increased my mercury but I've been having these symptoms since I was a teenager so I'm not 100 percent convinced it' mercury but now you mentioned it I want my mercury levels checked cause I'm willing to do anything to heal myself from this.

4. Snowx997

Snowx997

It says online that mag def causes severe fatigue since it causes mitochondrial malfunction and messes with atp which is responsible for energy production.

5. pamojja

pamojja Senior Member

Austria
    Where can you get Mg carbonate?

6. Carl

Carl Senior Member

United Kingdom
    I purchased the 2.5Kg on eBay. I made sure that it was food grade. However now it is harder to find on ebay.co.uk with only one seller who also has an online store minerals and water and also sell tiny amounts on ebay 100g max. Their online store does have 500g amounts and only a little more than I paid last year. They might ship to Europe if you cannot find it locally.

Much of it is chalk for use to help grip for sports and is not suitable.
    http://www.minerals-water.co.uk/

Some warm water helps speed the reaction and some stirring until it turns clear. If you need to pH test it with pH test paper which I do and then adjust with sodium bicarb/potassium bicarb if it is still acid. Acid provokes ammonia production by urease positive bacteria in my stomach. As does digesting protein. In such cases HCl is just a placebo effect because it is quickly neutralised which wastes money IMO.

The only way to raise stomach acid is to stop them getting saliva (urea). Most CFS sufferers tend to have high histamine levels (immune reaction) which provokes the release of saliva and that is a feedback mechanism used by the bacteria so that they get the urea they need to neutralise stomach acid and poisons the body with ammonia.

pamojja likes this.
  7. Carl

Carl Senior Member

United Kingdom
    BTW Mag carbonate is 28.8% Magnesium. Therefore 1Kg contains 288g of Magnesium, 288,000 mg 360 days@800mg/day.

pamojja likes this.
  8. Dodie

Dodie

Hi, I don’t know how my name came to be alongside the mag writings as I did not post that. I’m trying to work this all out as to how to use the forum, and to post a picture, but not doing very well I also tried to plain about meself but don’t know how. Am I stupid?

See more popular forum discussions.